MONTREAL, QUEBEC–(Marketwired – Oct. 31, 2013) – Directors of SIRIOS RESOURCES INC. (TSX VENTURE:SOI) are pleased to announce that new gold specks were spotted in the second drill hole (#2013-10) in addition to the ones already announced last week on the Cheechoo gold project, James Bay, Opinaca area, Quebec. Visible gold occurs in the drill hole at nine different locations within an interval of 21 meters in the depths of 263 m to 284 m as observed by at least two independent geologists.

Dominique Doucet, President of Sirios, stated: “The occurrence of visible gold at numerous places in our drill core is something encouraging. However, we should stay cautious and wait for assays results which will quantify the gold grade of the holes.”

As previously announced, hole #2013-10 was drilled in the south-west extension of the gold zone intersected in hole #01 drilled in 2012 (see February 12, 2013 press release). It was finished with a final depth of 300 metres and is made up entirely of silicified tonalite (granitic rock) mineralized with very low amount of sulfides (arsenopyrite and pyrrhotite).

The drilling program ended with four holes (#2013-09 to 2013-12) totaling 750 metres. The 150-metre fourth hole (#2013-12), located at Nad 83 UTM 18 U 438772E 5830234N, was drilled south-westward (235°) with a dip of 45 °. The two last holes are not yet logged. The drill core samples are being transported to the facilities of IOS Services Géoscientifiques Inc. in Chicoutimi to be sawed and prepared for expedition to the laboratory for assaying. All the core samples with visible gold will be analyzed using the gold fire-assay with metallic seives method.

A preliminary map showing the drill-hole positions on resistivity-outlined background and an east-west vertical section are available on the website of Sirios.

Sirios currently holds 45% interest in the Cheechoo project and is in the process of acquiring the remaining 55% held by Golden Valley Mines Ltd (TSX VENTURE:GZZ), as described in the April 9, 2013 and June 19, 2013 press releases.

This press release was prepared by Dominique Doucet, P. Eng., President of Sirios, Qualified Person pursuant to National Instrument 43-101.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility


For more information:
Dominique Doucet, CEO
Phone: 514-510-7961

Print Friendly, PDF & Email