Sustainable development principles
The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) established a framework for responsible exploration called E3 Plus.
The E3 Plus serves as a framework for exploration companies to continue their activities while improving their environmental, social and health and safety performance as well as integrating these three aspects in all their exploration work. Sirios adopted the eight principals of E3 Plus and ask its consultants and suppliers to also respect them.
- Apply ethical business practices: Sirios continues to abide by management procedures that promote honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Engage host communities and other affected and interested parties: During exploration activities, Sirios makes sure to interact with local and native communities, notably trappers, organizations, groups and individuals on the basis of respect, inclusion and meaningful participation.
- Protect the environment: Sirios conducts its exploration activities in ways that create minimal disturbance to the environment and applies, in all of its operations, the principals of sustainable development.
Moreover, on February 7, 2012, the Company’s Board of Directors signed a resolution with the following commitments regarding sustainable governance:
CONCERNING GOVERNANCE AND RESPONSIBLE MANAGEMENT
- That employees, of all levels, understand their social and environmental responsibilities and that they work towards improving their workplace environment.
- To plan, evaluate and manage all its projects with rigor in order to minimize the negative effects on the environment and local communities.
MAINTAINING AN OPEN DIALOGUE IS KEY TO RESPONSIBLE MANAGEMENT OF PROJECTS ON LANDS USED BY OTHERS
- To develop a proactive, open and transparent communication with local authorities (including Native communities), municipal authorities, as well as governmental organizations.
- To develop a proactive communication with other stakeholders involved in the region.
CONCERNING HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To diligently apply the health and safety regulations in all of its exploration activities.
CONCERNING THE ENVIRONMENTAL
- To apply with diligence, the environmental regulations in all of its exploration activities.
CONCERNING SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS
- Whenever possible, to generate benefits on a local level and to contribute to the local development by constructively partnering with native and non-native communities in order to respectively consider the interest of all parties involved.