The first major gold discovery for Sirios, the Aquilon project includes 104 claims, covering approximately 50 km², located ten kilometers south of the LA-1 hydroelectric complex at James Bay. Currently at the drilling stage, the project is accessible at any time of the year.
A drilling campaign has confirmed the very high grade of gold mineralization.
|Target(s):||Gold||Number of claims:||104|
|Participation:||100% Sirios||Approx. area:||52 km2|
- 834.4 g/T Au over 1.71 metres (m) (Moman Vein)
including 3,527.4 g/T Au over 0.40 m;
- 116.48 g/T Au over 2.25 m (Moman Vein);
- 425.33g/T Au over 0.60 m (Moman Vein);
- 133.67 g/T Au over 0.82 m (Fleur de Lys Vein); and
- 26.70 g/T Au over 0.40 m (Muscovite Vein).
At a glance
- Gold property of 104 claims
- Covers approximately 50 km²
- Located ten kilometers south of the LA-1 hydroelectric complex in James Bay
- Underlain by parts of a folded, weakly dipping greenstone-belt, containing a felsic volcanic center and cut by strong NE structures
- An outfitter with a landing strip is situated less than 40 minutes from the property by an all-weather road leading to LA-1 dam
Fieldwork and Geology
- In 2010, Sirios completed a 1,926-metre surface drilling program of 35 short vertical drill holes targeting the Lingo (10), Moman (14), Fleur De Lys (11) and Muscovite showings
- Previous drill results which returned over 1.0 ounce per ton (34.29 g/t), include:
- 3 230,9 g/t Au over 0.80 m (94 on/ton over 2.62 feet)
- incl. 12,906.5 g/t Au over 0.20 m (376 on/ton over 0.65 feet
- A compilation of previous results is ongoing
In 2016, Sirios acquired the 50% interest of Golden Tag for $820,000, allocated as follows: $250,000 in cash and $570,000 by the issuance of 1,000,000 shares at a deemed price of $0.57 per share. Aquilon property and Soquem Inc. will retain a 1% NSR royalty, half of which is redeemable for $500,000. Since then, Sirios owns wholly the property.